Data Protection Policy as of 24th April 2018
For the purposes of the Data protection Act Cherry Security
Company is registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office)
Cherry Security Company Ltd (for the rest of this document referred to as “CSCL” and or “Us”) is committed to complying with the Data Protection Act.
Data Collected & Held by CSCL.
The only information CSCL hold is Customers actual or trading names, email addresses, postal address and telephone numbers for the purpose of providing quotes, submitting invoices and communication about ongoing works or contracts. We will not ask for any sensitive information such as religion, gender or other sensitive and personal information other than that indicated above and then only for the specific purposes of fulfilling a contract.
Set out below are CSCLs eight governing principles to enable us to comply with Data Protection requirements.
1. Data will be processed fairly and lawfully. We will not use coercion, bribery or mislead customers into giving personal data.
2. Data will only be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and processed in a manner in keeping with that purpose.
3. The data we collect will be adequate for the purpose of suppling the agreed specific service or product intended.
4. Personal Data shall be accurate and where necessary kept up to date
5. Personal Data shall not be kept for longer than necessary to enable the satisfactory completion of a project or until a maintenance contract is cancelled. In addition Legal documents such as invoices that contain VAT transactions will be kept for any statutory period as required by HMRC.
6. Customers have a right commonly known as “subject access request” to have access to full details of any data held by CSCL. Customers also have a right to stop or prevent CSCL from selling, giving or lending their data to any third party for the purposes of direct marketing. Customers also have a right to claim compensation if we deliberately break the Data Protection Act regulations. CSCL will upon request delete any Customer data.
7. CSCL has active security measures to prevent accidental or deliberate compromise of customers data. Eg; Password protected computers. Only staff that have explicit permission and a direct responsibility for accessing data will be allowed to do so.
8. Customers data will not knowingly and / or deliberately be transferred to any country or territory outside the EEA (European Economic Area).
As and when required by law the above will be edited or amended.
Office 53 Cherry Garden Road. Eastbourne. BN20 8HG. Tel; 01323 641759
www.cherrysecurity.com. Co.Reg; 4636037